Macy’s just announced that they’re liquidating 11 more stores beginning as early as next week resulting in over 5,000 job lost.
The following locations are up for closure.
- Laguna Hills Mall, Laguna Hills
- Westside Pavilion, Los Angeles
- Stonestown Galleria, San Francisco
- Novato (Furniture), Novato
- Miami (Downtown), Miami
- The Oaks, Gainesville
- Magic Valley Mall, Twin Falls
- Honey Creek Mall, Terre Haute
- Birchwood Mall, Fort Gratiot Township
- Fountain Place, Cincinnati
- Burlington Town Center, Burlington
These closures are coming despite the fact reported sales were much higher than expected this past holiday season. Over 5,000 jobs are expected to be lost as physical retail stores continue to get pummeled by online shopping.