Everyone knows that Casinos are very profitable. But I doubt many people know the extent of their profitability.
Below, is the Net Wins [profit] for Nevada casinos for the month of November and for 2018 as a whole.
– Net Profit For Nevada Casinos in January 2019:
- Penny Slots: $283.2 Million
- Baccarat: $95.9 Million
- Blackjack: $90.2 Million
- Craps: $34.7 Million
- Roulette: $29.4 Million
- Sports: $14.6 Million
– Net Profit For Nevada Casinos in 2018:
- Penny Slots: $3.3 Billion
- Baccarat: $1.2 Billion
- Blackjack: $1.1 Billion
- Craps: $386.4 Million
- Roulette: $384.1 Million
- Sports: $301.0 Million
To avoid any confusion: That’s the money the casinos profited from customers.
Some Additional Notes:
- These penny slot stats aren’t outliers. Over the past couple years, Penny Slots have consistently profited casinos over $200 Million a month.
- Penny slots do NOT mean all coin slots. Those numbers above are literally only from Penny games.
For example, in November, Nevada casinos also made “only” $3.5 Million in 5 Cent Slots, $23 Million on Quarter Slots and $46 Million on Dollar Slots. In all, they profited $634 Million in slot machines alone in November!
- Those looking for poker: Poker is lumped into a separate category called “Card Games” which netted $9 Million in November and $119M so far in 2018. The reason for such a ‘low number’ is because you’re playing other customers, not the house.
- In 2017, Nevada Casinos net profit:
- Baccarat: $1.1 Billion
- Blackjack: $1.2 Billion
- Craps: $393.5 million
- Penny Slots: $3.1 Billion
- Roulette $367.3 million
- Sports: $248.7 million
Also Recommend Reading this Article About “The Science Behind Casino Profits”
PSA: Have a Gambling Problem? Call or Text 800-522-4700 – Available 24/7