Amazon continues to expand the categories that qualify for free returns. It use to be that clothing and jewelry were the main items that qualified for free returns. Now, it appears the majority of items sold & shipped by Amazon qualify for free returns.
Electronics like this WD 512GB My Passport SSD Portable Storage or Logitech Webcam, Personal care items like Pampers Baby Wipes, Kitchen items like this Blendtec Classic 575 Blender or Set of 12 Wine Glasses and Baby items like this Bugaboo Set or Crib all offer free returns. Bottom line is, there are now tons of items that Amazon offers free returns on.
To see whether an item qualifies for free returns, you simply have to look by the price and shipping of the item where amazon will have “Free Returns” listed next to it like the graphic below.
Besides making most returns free, Amazon is trying to make the return process as easy and simple as possible. Until now, you had to print a return label (if you even had a printer at home), repackage the items (if you haven’t thrown out the box yet), tape it up and then ship it out.
Over last few months, Amazon has partnered up with UPS and Kohl’s where customers will be able to return their Amazon purchases through them and they’ll take care of everything! That means you don’t have to print, package or tape anything.
This is how you do it:
- Click here to go to the Amazon Returns Center
- Select the item(s) you wish to return and click “return or replace” items
- Follow the prompts until it gives you the option of how to return your items.
- Now for eligible items, you should see the options like the ones listed below
- Select either the Kohl’s dropoff or UPS store drop off
- Then you’ll immediately get an email from Amazon with a unique QR code.
- Now take the item(s) you want to return to the store you selected, show them the QR code from your smartphone and they’ll take care of the rest.
No box, no label and no wrapping required!
Have you taken advantage of this yet? How was your experience? Let everyone know in the comments below!